ACEGIST earlier reported that Alhaji Babalele Abdullahi, the son in-law to the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the just concluded presidential election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Saturday.
Babalele is also the finance director of Atiku’s group of companies. Read derails here: Breaking: EFCC Arrests Atiku’s Son In-law
Many people have, however, reacted to the arrest, with most looking at it from political angle.
Prominent among those who have reacted are a popular social media influencer, Reno Omokri and Senator Ben Murray Bruce.
In his reaction, Reno in his official twitter handle, tweeted:
“BREAKING: @officialEFCC arrests @Atiku’s son-in-law. A plane collapsed because of too much cash, No EFCC investigation. @Atiku has businesses. You say he is a thief. Tinubu has no known business, but is a saint! It is not money APC looted. It‘s our brains!”
Also, Ben Bruce in a couple of tweet, wrote:
“Leave @Atiku and his family alone and tell us why this plane collapsed while it was still on the ground,” referring to the plane below
Ben Bruce further tweeted:
Arresting @atiku’s loyalists will not help the situation. The inconvenient truth about our present circumstances should make @MBuhari say enough is enough, going forward it must be Nigeria first, not APC or PDP first, or North or South first. Nigeria first each and every time.
Other twitter users reactions are:
– Hypocrisy is a Norm in @OfficialAPCNg. Mediocrity is so rewarding too.
When the state institutions are used against its citizenry, Tyranny and Dictatorship is the order!!
– Back to 1985…….watch it!
– What was @atiku business before 1999 when he took Habib bank loan of NGN300m to campaign ?? After 2 terms VP and selling g off our Heritage , he suddenly became billionaire and business man?
– They wanna use that as leverage…
– Baba has declared that it will be tough…this is episode 1
– EFCC Nigeria have lost credibility, they are APC trained Dogs. If not that Tell them to go after the biggest elephants in looting and money laundering like Oshiomole, Aregbesola, Asiwaju, Rochas, Ganduje, Ajimobi, Maina, VP and co. Stop Witch hunting.
– The 2nd tenure us yet to start and people are already been hunted for no cause while those alleged to have criminal cases are walking free….next level of evil.
– This is a Military Regime, this is no longer democracy . The president and party members uses security operatives at will to do whatsoever. God would help us in this next 4yrs of difficulty has buhari earlier said.
671 total views, 5 views today