Breaking: National Tragedy As Terrorists Attack New Zealand Mosques

Spread the love

 

 

 

At least 40 people were killed and four were in custody after shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, on Friday.

Authorities said while they were not aware of any other suspects, police were not making assumptions.

“This is one of New Zealand’s darkest days,” Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said. “Clearly, what has happened here is an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence.”

She later confirmed that 40 worshippers were dead. Dozens of others were injured.

Ardern described the incident as a terrorist attack.

Read Also: UK Speaks On Rivers State Election

Ardern on mosque shooting: ‘This is one of New Zealand’s darkest days’ Officers responded to reports of shots fired in central Christchurch around 1:40 p.m. Friday (8:40 p.m. Thursday ET), police said in a statement.

All schools in the city were placed on lockdown, and residents were urged to remain indoors as the situation unfolded. Police had also asked all mosques in New Zealand to close to their doors.

At a news conference several hours after the shooting, Police Commissioner Mike Bush said that four people — three men and a woman — were in custody and that the situation was “moving quite quickly.”

“We are not aware of other people, but we cannot assume there are not others at large,” Bush said.

“A number of IEDs attached to vehicles” were found, according to Bush.

Credit To NBS News

Just In: New Dawn In Africa As Court Nullifies Kenya’s Last Month Presidential Election

1,958 total views, 10 views today


Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *