Rivers States has seen a fair share of killings related to the 2019 general election and to avoid another episode in today’s election, the women in Ogun Bolo Local Government Area have taken to the street to protest the invasion of the town by heavily armed military.
Many of the women carried placards with inscription such as “voting is not fight.”
This development was made known by a twitter user with account name @SaintOraye who cried out for relevant authorities to come to their aid.
His tweet read:
Women in @OguBolo LGA of Rivers State, Nigeria cry out on the intimidation by heavily armed military men of the @HQNigerianArmy who unlawfully arrest of their sons and daughters in the community.
Women protest the invasion of Okochiri Town, in Rivers State, by soldiers of the @HQNigerianArmy working for the @OfficialAPCNg . @KakaakiSocial @channelstv
Some twitter users also collaborated the story and some reacted thus:
– Yeah seen it. It’s messed up what the Army is doing. Elections in Ogu haven’t been violent since after the APP era yet these people want to unleash violence in our town. They will fail.
– What sort of barbaric dispensation is this?? God help us
– The international community that are always eager to give credibility on how Buhari handled the Presidential election is seeing the level of highhandedness and crime against humanity being perpetrated right under their nose. We will resist this rascality by any means necessary.
– Ameachi turn army to the people, wike turn women to ameachi and the army and FG. Let see if army will shot at them.
– Its unfortunate that one man’s ambition of taking over power forcefully has led to this development.
Follow link to watch video: https://twitter.com/SaintOraye/status/1103997570773323776?s=08
965 total views, 5 views today