Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani is at it again with his witty saying as he gave the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) advice that may permanently put to rest President Muhammadu Buhari’s demand for accountability from the opposition on how it spent the money accrued to the nation during its 16 years of rule.
Yesterday, Thursday, President Buhari again said the PDP is yet to successfully explain to the nation how it spent the money the country generated during its sixteen years of rule.
The president made this remark while playing host to labour leaders who were on ground to congratulate him on his recent victory at the poll.
President Buhari said: “PDP has not successfully explained to the country what they did with the money (generated).
“There were no roads, no rail, no power. They said they spent $16 billion on power, but where is the power? The irresponsible expenditure of that period has not been explained, and Nigerians deserve an answer on that terrible mismanagement of the country.”
In his bid to permanently to rest the call for explanation from the President, however, Senator Sani advised the PDP thus:
“I support the President’s demand that the PDP should explain how they squandered $592 Billion. I advice the opposition party to recall all its past and present members (1999 to 2015), to prepare and present to Mr President and the nation a full report of such a monumental waste.”
Many Nigerians who read between the lines of Senator Sani’s statement have reacted in the following ways:
– The corruption war is strictly APC vs PDP. That makes the genuineness of the corruption fight questionable. It will be more productive & historic if Buhari can restart the corruption fight from the scratch (1960-2019). It would be more encompassing & efficient in that manner.
– Lol K na let PMB begin the probing.
– I hope he also expects those who served under the PDP and now in the APC to be mentioned. If not he should just lock up and face his administration.
– Boss so much knows how to give a reply…
So El-Rufai, Amaechi, Adams, and the likes please lead the way…
– That will include Mauzu, Amaechi, Wamako, el-rufai, George Akuma, Audi Ogbe, Uduaghan, Orji Uzor, Shakarua, Akpabio, Kingibe, Obanikoro.
– I know that President @mbuhari will also expects those who served under the @OfficialPDPNig and now in the @OfficialAPCNg to be mentioned. The fight against corruption is for all.
– No time for blame game. It won’t take us anywhere. We will have another next level of complaints like we had previously….
1,280 total views, 5 views today