A group of women, under the aegis of Two Million Woman Rally for Democracy in Nigeria, on Friday appealed to Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Saturday’s election to congratulate his opponent, Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress to concede defeat.
The Independent National Electoral Commission had declared Buhari of the APC winner of the keenly contested election.
However, Atiku has vowed to go to court, alleging that the election was rigged.
The women started their march at the Unity Fountain down to Hilton Area before proceeding to the Force headquarters, Eagle Square and back to Unity Fountain.
They called on Atiku to emulate former President Goodluck Jonathan and congratulate Atiku on his victory.
Speaking during the rally, the convener, Mary Onuche, called on Atiku to save Nigeria from anarchy and embrace his brother.
Onuche also called on Buhari not to disappoint Nigerians who have overwhelmingly voted him for another term.
Many social media users have however, wondered why people keep begging Atiku no to go to court.
See some reactions below:
– Now this is getting more curious. Why is everybody telling Atiku not to go to court? What is it that they don’t want the world to know? When Buhari went to court against all the people who won against him, who begged him not to go to court?
– Can you even imagine the faces of those on roll call then u would be flabbergasted by the level of poverty in this clime…
– We are really sick in this country. When there is actual need for demonstrate and protest you will not see them.
– They probably can’t read the placards.
Poverty is officially a weapon.
– There is a separate budget to manage the rigged result. People hired to demonstrate is only the first expenditure, more to come.
2,116 total views, 5 views today